Awards Aim And Benefits
AIM OF THE AWARDS
The aim of the Australian Service Excellence Awards is:
- To recognise excellence, best practice and innovation in customer service and to highlight their importance in today’s business climate.
- To promote customer service as a profession and to improve the level of its practitioners’ professionalism through assessment, accreditation, certification and recognition. Thus improving the pride, motivation and
- self-esteem of customer service professionals.
- To promote the International Customer Service Standard (including customer charters), which will help organisations develop and sustain a customer ethos through improvements to the design, delivery, quality and effectiveness of customer service strategies, policies and systems.
- To improve knowledge of the components of customer service excellence.
THE BENEFITS OF AWARDS ENTRY
The benefits of participating in the CSIA’s Australian Service Excellence Awards are numerous and include:
- Recognition of the organisation’s achievements in customer service, enhancing both its credibility in the market place and the customer’s confidence in dealing with the organisation.
- Continuous improvement and benchmarking of the organisation’s customer service efforts through the annual
customer service assessments to the International Customer Service Standard ICSS (see below for more details).
- Greater focus on customer service throughout the entire organisation, brought about via both the Awards and the assessment process.
- Enhanced morale at all levels of the organisation, brought about by greater autonomy to deal with customer complaints and an overall reduced level of complaints.
The National and State finalists of each category will receive:
- A complimentary one year Corporate Membership (beginning January 2014) to the Customer Service Institute of Australia;
- an independent assessment;
- A framed certificate;
- Finalists will also be considered for inclusion in Customer Service Excellence, a book published by the CSIA to showcase Australia’s leading customer service organisations.
The National and State winners of each category will receive permission to display the CSIA’s Australian Service Excellence Award logo on company stationery and marketing material.